Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Well hello again.

The past 24 hours have been quite interesting, well, really it was just five minutes within that time span that expresses that.

After a power-packed workout at Andres Bello, including an air-boxing class with Chile's Billie Banks and a 30 minute cycling session, I was exhausted and half-way to my apartment on my walk home when the incident occurred. I was probably stressing about today's looming mid-term, listening to music on my ipod, when a street thief came running from behind unexpectedly and snatched my ipod. I, however, was not about to have that, no matter how tired I was. I screamed, what you could compare to a bloody murder horror scene, "Oh NO, not my ipod," and then took off after the runner. He darted past the bus stop, but in the shuffle, I realized that my ipod had been tossed, or at least I was hoping. I turned around, deciding it wasn't worth the effort to chase him, crossing my fingers with hope that I was right about the toss. I looked back with disappointment, if it had dropped, the area in question was covered with Chilean boys. Oh no, my ipod, I thought. But in a strike of good fortune, three chilean boys approached me with my ipod in hand. "Cuidado," they said. Be careful. Then they asked,"Were you scared?" I clutched my chest, "yes," not realizing until that moment how silly my move had been, but my ipod and I were safe. I chucked to myself. So, so silly. Just like a Chilean once told weeks ago, "In this country, someone is always watching you. You need to be careful." Although I think I would change that description to staring for better accuracy. On the rest of that walk home, I noticed every eye's gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment